Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another 3 weeks have passed since my last blog. So I thought I would catch you up. My port was taken out on Monday. It was done in the doc office but it took close to an hour. My upper chest feels like someone cut it open. Wait, they did! I can't lift anything heavy for a week so between the snow we have had and that I haven't been to the gym in about a week. We are supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow so that will keep me in for another couple of days. The good news is my "new " car does great in the snow whether fresh or packed down.
Let's talk about residual effects. I am still having nasty secretions coming out of everywhere. I am still having pain although it has let up a lot. I can finally sit square on my rear which made me think maybe I could continue back with my sit ups that I haven't done in 7 months but the pressure is too much. Some days I can cut back on the pain med other days I can't. But I need to cut back more because I don't think they will be renewing any of my prescriptions. I have a check up with the oncologist in Feb a check up with the radiation oncologist in April and a colonoscopy in May.
I am getting ready to send resumes into our 2 local hospitals to do volunteer work. The thing is I don't want to sit at a desk or open doors. I want to act as a liaison between cancer patients and doctors. Doing things for the patients the doctors can't. For example, my radiation oncologist has said they have patients calling in wondering if they have a list of good comedy films. Lists of things to do to keep their minds active and off the disease. We will see what happens.
In the meantime my hair is growing back. It is slow. I still don't have any bangs.
Keep the faith and I will check in sooner. Love to all

2 comments:

  1. Rose, we just found out about your cancer here at the high school. Sorry to hear you have been going through all of this. We just found out about your blog and I am catching up on your story. It sounds like you are doing better. We will keep you in our prayers.

    Debbie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rose! It's Terrie. I am so sorry I have not checked in with you. I was going thru my stuff for taxes and found your blogspot info in with my receipts. I have been all over with work. I am wonderring if you still go to anton's and how my buddy Melvin is doing too. I always think of you and send you love no matter if I am 1000 miles away and slammed with things to do. XOXO Terrie

    ReplyDelete