Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oncologist visit

Hi Everyone,
My radiation oncologist thought I was doing great. I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 30th. She said she thought the surgeon would scope me at that time which means I will get the news on the cancer.
I haven't said anything but my latest endeavor has been to write and design a brochure on "How to survive cancer treatment" . I took the finished product to my oncologist office and they loved it. I asked them if they knew how I could get permission through the hospital to leave them in various locations. They called someone who will get in touch with me for an interview. I am hoping they like it well enough to put it in their resource materials for cancer patients. That was the suggestion of one of the nurses who read it. If they aren't interested I will take their name off it and leave them around on my own! The nurses also suggested I contact the American Cancer Society and the Breast Foundation and let them look at it. Then they suggested if the hospital won't pay for printing go to some printing places and ask them to donate printing so I can leave them in oncologists offices and cancer clinics. So I guess this will be my new venture at least until I get turned down by everyone!
So I will be a bucket of nerves until the 30th. It is a double edged sword. I want to know but I don't want to know or should I say I am afraid to know the results of the treatment.
Mel and I are starting to put up all the stuff in the house to prepare to get our hardwood floors redone while we are gone next week. Yes another trip to play golf. Hopefully we will get to play and not get rained out all week like last week. We had rain and chill yesterday and today and supposed to have it through Thursday this week but then it is suppposed to clear up. I sure hope so. Cloudy skies get me down....
I will post before we leave for Hot Springs and probably while we are there since they have internet connection YEA! KTPC Love to all

1 comment:

  1. We had rain and chill yesterday and today and supposed to have it through Thursday this week but then it is suppposed to clear up. I sure hope so. "Cloudy skies get me down...."

    This sounds like a song, can I use it? Now, let's see...hummm... Raniy days and cloudy skies always get me dowm.....

    I am so glad God answers prayer, ken

    ReplyDelete