Friday, October 30, 2009

Today was the visit with the surgeon. He wants to do some biopsies in the hospital and check me at that time. So I know nothing at this point. The biopsies are scheduled for Nov 12 along with a colonoscopy as you may or may not remember I had a polyp and something else in my colon which he found during the tumor surgery. He wants to take another look at that so he can prepare for surgery for that. It will have to be surgically removed he just wants to know if the polyp has grown any more and if the questionable mass has changed. Since they are right together he wouldn't be removing any more of the colon than he would for just the polyp. So more waiting. And I'm sure even after the 12th he will be able to tell us if the area looks cancer free from the scope but we will have to wait on the biopsies to know if they came out free.
On lighter news, I got a new car today. I loved my little Mercedes but it was getting harder and harder to get in and out of it and to get my golf clubs in and out so I sold it and got a Mazda Tribute. It was one of the few SUV/Crossover types that was small with good gas mileage and I could easily fit my golf clubs in the back. This is a moot point now but if any of you out there own a Mazda I would like to know how you have liked it and if it gave you good service. I hope everyone has a good weekend. KTPC love to all

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose, sounds like there is more light at the end of the tunnel.My heart and mind are with you, and pulling for your complete recovery..which I believe will happen.I have been through Jasper and many other Arkansawyer towns. What do you like most about it?.That area was on my list of possible places to live as I escaped Texas.Hot Springs and Fayetteville were finalists with Brown Co. Indiana
    Hot Springs too commercial, Brown Co.$$$$ so I settled on Southern Illinois Shawnee Forest region..like it and the "semi cultural" benefits..schools,nature,,nice people, but most of all closer to my family and friends, alive and deceased.
    I believe that the Mazda was a good choice. Their gas milage and durability in the past has been very good, especially when they developed the Wankle engine...but what do I know,I'm driving a v-6 Dodge Dakota Pick up truck that runs like a dream when I cuss it in the right way. My best wishes to you, your son, and husband.Love, Bob

    ReplyDelete