Monday, November 30, 2009

Doctor's Visit

I went to the surgeon's office today. I told Mel as Iwas walking out the door, "I will not be examined". Let's call a spade a dirty shovel here. I have been poked, operated on, chemoed, radiated, and scoped all in 5 months. I have not had a chance to heal from the first when the next occurs and so on. I am tired of everyone and their brother messing with my butt. So the nurse said, Undress from the waist down. I said, "no". She said "Yes you will". I said, "Not without a lot of protest". When the PA came in I told her "here's the deal. I still hurt. You examine me and hurt me and you will know it the people next door will know it maybe the whole first floor of the building will know it." She said I won't hurt you I promise. Right, and how many times have we heard that ? Well, she was gentle and it was uncomfortable but I couldn't classify it as hurt. I told her "my husband wanted me to let you know I still have times in the morning that I hurt so bad I can barely walk and I have to go soak in the tub. " She said, oh you still have a lot of tender tissue down there. (REALLY? Do you think?) Then she said, it is normal for you to take another 6 months to heal from the radiation. People don't realize what radiation does to their body. Well, I thought I did but not to this extent I guess. So I left with prescription in hand for my next colonoscopy prep (in May) and a waddle in my walk. I've gotten quite good at my duck imitation.
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for. Right now,,,my life.
May God Bless and I will be writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment