Saturday, November 21, 2009

Joyous news!

I was told I would get results of the biopsies on the 30th of Nov. We received a letter today saying "there is no evidence of cancer". It will be a very thankful Thanksgiving. I'm sorry I haven't written but you really didn't want to read my whining about the fact I'm still having pain. This has been a real pain in the BUTT. Ha Ha! I think I am impatient about the pain this time because I feel pretty good otherwise. I am trying to get to the Y 3 times a week to do small workouts but I still tire pretty quickly.
My chemo doc will decide when I get my port out. I have another colonoscopy in 6 months but I'm hoping I will not have to wait until then to get the port out. I have an appointment with her in Feb so I'm hoping she will schedule it. It is an in office procedure with local anaesthesia.
I hope everyone has a great week and a great Thanksgiving. I will stay in touch. Thank you for the support and prayers. I can't say that enough. God Bless You

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful News: God is Great ! ! !

    Now, for a holiday treat that the whole family will like. Pop-corn stuffed turkey, this is an old time Foster receipt that started with "here, hold my".

    1. Take an average size turkey and remove all the parts that come with Tom from his cavity.
    2. Take 2 cups of un-popped pop corn, with 1/4 cup of oil and your favorite stuffing mix of spices.
    3. I like to use colored pop corn; it adds color to the festive holiday meal.
    4. Mix the up popped corn, oil, and spices well and stuff into Tom's cavity.
    5. Stitch up the opening to Tom's cavity with cotton twin, don't us a plastic thread as it may melt in the oven.
    6. Set your oven as you would to cook any big bird, read the cooking instruction; so many minutes per pound of bird. When Tom's butt is blown off from the pop corn your turkey is done.
    7. Have a Great Thanksgiving! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! WHAT GREAT NEWS. I AM SURE THAT THERE WILL BE A FEW EXTRA PRAYERS SAID AT THE DINNER TABLE THIS THURSDAY. I KNOW THAT I WILL INDEED SAY ONE..OR TWO. HAPPY FOR YOUR NEWS.

    XOXO
    STEPHANY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn and I couldn't be happier for you and what a wonderful time of the year to get such fabulous news. See you on the course in the Spring!
    Cindy and Lynn

    ReplyDelete