Wednesday, June 24, 2009

For everybody who has been praying for me ( and I know there are a lot of you) the first of our prayers have been answered. I had the PET scan this morning at 8:15 (not one of the more enjoyable tests I've been through) and my radiation oncologist called at 2:30 to tell me all areas are clear except the low anus area of the cancer. This means it is a STAGE 1 . This is huge. It keeps my curable chances up very high. I am still extremely emotional over this news (which means I'm crying). The other news is that she has moved up the starting date of treatment to July 6th. Folks I'm ready to go after this with my whole being.
A lot of you know how competitive I am and right now I'm thinking this is a good quality.
I have an appt Friday early to schedule the port to be put in which I believe will be Mon or Tuesday as they promised me it would be done before my insurance changes over.
I plan to play golf tomorrow with the gals at 8 and have lunch. I am going to try to do some things I want to do before all the action starts.
Once again my love and appreciation to you all. Rose

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic and Praise God.....an Yes you are a fighter....This has made me emotional too....I love you....I can't see my key board....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, I am ecstatic about the results of the PET scan!!! There is NO doubt that you are going to beat this thing lady! I wanted to share a couple of thoughts that I really like - they remind me of you.

    "Your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing."
    (Abraham Lincoln)

    "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
    (Tommy Lasorda)

    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, It was so nice to see you this morning and I was glad to be paired with you. You achieved your goal on the course and were an inspiration (even though my game didn't show it). I like to spend time around strong women, it reminds me what we can accomplish.

    And yes, your competitive spirit will serve you very well during treatment.

    Hope to see on the course next Thursday.

    Cindy Hinds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great news Ms. Rose. All the gals at the Classic are praying for you as am I. I don't doubt you will win this battle, as you are one of the most competitive people I know. Jan said she had some stuff to help hair through the process and she would love to help. Talk to you soon.

    xoxo
    Stephany

    ReplyDelete