Thursday, June 25, 2009

I want to tell you all I really appreciate how all of my local friends have volunteered to help us when the times get tough. I promise you that I will call upon you for everything from borrowing books or movies, to getting a ride to radiation (so Mel can have a day off) or maybe even food. Right now I don't know for sure what we will need, but it is an absolutely wonderful feeling to know that you are out there.

Tuesday when I was getting ready to leave to play golf Mel stopped me and said, "Aren't you going to wear a hat?" The ladies I play with know I never a wear a hat. I looked at him and he had his male stern look on and I just said "What?" "Do you think I'll get cancer?" He couldn't top that but I did walk out with a hat in my hand.

Then I received an email from a long long time friend. Since he is reading this I will stop with 2 longs. But we had to laugh when he said "Carry a can of "C" whip ass in your bag and if anyone gets in your face or in your way let them have it." Now you can tell he isn't from around here because he would have said whoop ass!

I really enjoyed seeing most of the gals today on the course. It was hot and it took a lot out of me. I played well except for one hole which the heat and the stupid Japenese Beetles got to me. (Those things are nasty). I realized I was going to have to hunt a lot more shade than what I had been hunting. But even with the one bad hole I shot a 79. That's probably only 2-3 strokes off what I would be shooting normally.
Tomorrow the port will be scheduled and we will be going out to eat and tent theatre. I have nothing planned for the rest of the weekend other than to try to catch up on some house work and do the grocery shopping (both which Mel does more than his fair share). I also need to have a chemo education class scheduled sometime next week and probably a pre registration for my hospital stay. Right now it seems like I am always waiting for a call from some doc about something.
So, keep the prayers and thoughts coming. I'm enjoying the comments and emails also. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment