Friday, June 19, 2009

Rest of the history

So far I have had a CT scan and a visit with my radiology oncologist (who is awesome). AT this time it is thought I have stage 1 cancer although that could change after I have a PET scan on Wed. On Monday I meet again with my radiology oncologist and also my chemo oncologist. My radiation doctor said she will be using tomography (I may be correcting myself on that one later) a fairly new machine that is much more accurate and specialized in treatment than the older machines. I understand there are only 2 of these in MO. I believe the other one is in St.Louis. There are none in Ark. There is a waiting list for this treatment. However, since I got to her so quick after my surgery I still need some time to heal and she needs time to get more tests and develop a very specific plan of attack. So it is looking like I will start treatment sometime mid July. It will be a 5 day a week treatment for 5-6 weeks. Also, I want to emphasize that without my having gone to the doc when I did this could have gone a lot further. Right now everyone is positive that I will be cured as long as I can keep the therapy going.
I plan on posting some pictures along the way. I have been told by everyone I will lose my hair. Again, those of you who know me know I keep my hair short for care purposes. This will be the ultimate for me. My surgeon who is also awesome, has said he will bet it will come in thicker and possibly with some curl. Won't my beautician love that!!!
So, this blog was longer because of catching some of you up on everything. I plan to keep you posted as I have appts and ups and downs. keep in touch either thru the blog or at my email address. Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment