Friday, September 11, 2009

2 days in a row

Played golf on Thursday with the ladies league. It was my first 18 holes all by myself play it as it lies. I shot an 86 with a 41 on the front. The front is shorter so I can still reach the holes in regulation. The back has longer holes and with my lack of strength it takes me an extra stroke to reach some of the holes in regulation. It was great to get out and play with the gals.
So I got really ambitious and played another 18 today. My calves and thighs of my legs are yelping like little puppies. They are asking me what the heck I think I am doing after no exercise at all for 8 weeks. The best news is I shot a 36 on the front side and then doubled several holes on the back which put me at a 82 total. But I saw some minor improvement from Monday to today. Now I am going to rest for 3 days and let my body take care of itself by just doing some walking etc. Tuesday I will play again and then I will see what the rest of the week will bring.
We started choir practice back up and I was so happy to see everyone. I will go to practice but will not sing on Sundays yet. We will start working on Thanksgiving music before long and if things go as I think I should be ready to sing on Sundays about end of October or mid November. Monday I have a doc appointment to check my blood levels and talk to the chemo doc and flush my port out. They will have to do that about every month until they remove the port. I'm thinking removing the port will be my surgeons decision since he was the one who put it in. I'm about ready to rest my legs for awhile. I hope everyone has a great weekend. KTPC Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment