Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hi Everyone, Sorry about the 5 day delay. After playing Friday afternoon and Saturday I was wiped Sun, Mon, and Tues.
Friday afternoon my partner and I played in a "horserace". It is elimination golf, the worst go out of the game. We ended up coming in second against as we call them all the flat bellies (young guys). My partner is a senior player and a friend of ours and we had a great time. Saturday we had a good time too. Played pretty decent (I was happy) although we didn't win anything but we had a good time. Very relaxed.
Sunday since I had been playing all week some errands needed to be run so we went to a couple of grocery stores. By the time we got home I was exhausted. I could tell the week had caught up with me.
Monday I had my yearly physical which was interesting because I had never met the doc before. But I fell in love with him. He was hysterical and seemed genuinely interested in me and my health. However, I ended up getting both a flu shot and a pneumonia shot which kind of brought me down on Tuesday. I got up Tuesday and felt like I had no energy whatsoever. I was drained even more than I was on Monday. So I ran a couple of errands, did a little housework and took a long nap.
Today (Wednesday) I decided I would play. I felt better this morning but by the time I had played about 4-5 holes I again could feel the exhaustion coming over me. I went ahead and played all 18 because I was enjoying the company so much. That will be my golf for this week as tomorrow we can't play until afternoon and Friday and Sat I will start getting ready for a trip to Arkansas.
We are going to Fairfield Bay and in the info it says they only have computer hookup in 2 locations on the whole resort. I will take the computer down but don't get worried if I don't post anything. If it is a big inconvience to go somewhere to get computer access we probably won't.
The week after I get back is my appointment with my radiation oncologist. She has said she will release me to my surgeon after that appt. The time now seems to be flying. I don't know if that is good or bad. I guess we will see. KTPC Love to all

1 comment:

  1. Flat Bellies?!?!?! Sound like they must work out. I work out, but at my ripe 'ol age, I gave up working on a "six-pack" stomach and now I am working on a pony keg.

    ReplyDelete