Friday, September 4, 2009

Wednesday I did not get out to play because of rain. I did go to a couple of stores with Melvin and walked through those. I was disappointed about the golf.
Yesterday I had a friend who took me over to the golf course to see all the gals. It was great. We drove around and watched them play. Riding is actually harder than walking because my rear is still sore. So after riding around for about 1 1/2 hours I was ready to go home. I went home and took a nap and went back out to the club to practice putt and I tried to hit some wedge shots. It wasn't pretty but it didn't bother me too much. I then joined the gals for lunch which was a treat.
So that brings us to today. My friend that took me yesterday morning said she wanted to play this morning 9 holes and wanted to know if I wanted to play. I told her I might not last the whole way but I wanted to try. So we went out this morning. When she teed off on #1 I got my driver out. She said are you really going to try to hit? I said yes, I might as well try. Well, to make a long story short I ended up parring 6 out of 9 holes. I figured out very quick my strength was about gone so I adjusted by hitting more club than what I would normally hit. But it worked. I know my strength will eventually come back. 9 holes was all I could do but after I did meet a neighbor for lunch and we went into a couple of shops. Between that and golf I was tired. But I've come a long way. I made a tee time for Mel and I to play with a bunch of couples on Monday. It has been a long time since we played together and I'm looking forward to it. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. KTPC Love

No comments:

Post a Comment