Monday, September 21, 2009

Perceptions

You never know what you will find out about yourself or others in going through something like this. Some of the things absolutely amaze you. The true friend aspect (who is really there for you and who isn't that you thought would be). It's a very good thing I have other friends that help me put things into perspective as it could be very much of a downer.
Speaking of perspective. I was playing golf in the sunshine Friday (how sweet it is) and happened to get a glance of my shadow. Now I have worn my hair short for a long time (30 years) but I never noticed before how much my ears stuck out. I look like Obama (or Dumbo take your pick). I'm rationalizing to myself that even with short hair on your head going behind the ears it disguises some of how much the ears stick out. Either that or there is a new side effect of chemo and or radiation. Or Melvin married Dumbo . Again take your pick.
So needless to say I am starting to get a little impatient with the lack of hair. Melvin has started calling me curly. I keep thinking maybe I'm noticing it starting to grow but I can't really tell. And it needs to do more than just grow. It better start growing new hair or my hair will be so thin I won't ever be able to go out in the sun again without a hat.
I will be leaving early tomorrow morning for St. Louis for a golf tournament. We will be playing a practice round tomorrow afternoon, a regular round Wed afternoon and the final round Thurs morn. I don't have to drive so I will be able to nap on the way up and back. On Friday afternoon after I get home Thursday night I have 9 hole little tournament and then a continuation of that on Sat with 18 holes. I am praying I will have the strength to get thru it all. All of it is partner golf so that will help. I am also hoping my knee holds out. It has been doing pretty well with the brace but it is sore after 2 rounds. I have a feeling I may be icing it. (For those of you who don't know I was supposed to be having knee replacement this winter but for obvious reasons that will be postponed to next winter). So this will be my last post until Friday or maybe later. KTPC Love to all

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping for the marriage comparison that Melvin had married Obama....Now that's funny stuff ! ! !
    * * * * *
    About your ears sticking out; don't you loose weight when you take Chemo? Maybe your head has lost weight, thus making it appear that your ears are sticking out.

    ReplyDelete