Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More golf

On Sunday I went to church for the first time since June. I am a little leary because of being around so many people I still have to be careful as my resisitance is still down. But it was a great sermon and I really enjoyed seeing everyone.
On Monday I pushed Melvin into playing golf with a group of our friends. We played a 4 person scramble which was good for me because it was the first time I was out for 18 holes. I hit all shots except 4 drives on the back nine. I could tell I was getting tired plus the heat was getting to me. You have to realize I have spent 6 weeks in airconditioned environment. But I finished strong by birdieing #17 on my own for the team and hitting a good drive on #18.
This morning I walked Maggie my walk around the neighborhood. It is probably about a 1/2 mile walk with one good size hill to walk up. I didn't know how I would do but I got through it fine of course I wasn't speed walking either. I might try to go again tonight after it cools off. By the way on the walk we saw 10 deer. We have triplet fawns and I got to within 30 feet of them I could have died that I didn't have my phone or camera with me. I also saw a family group of a 6 point buck, doe and 2 fawns. Now you all know why we love our neighborhood. Today I plan to do errands and rest up but I'm signed up to play with the gals tomorrow and I hope I can get through 18 on my own.
I did end up cancelling playing in a tournament next week. It was a 3 day play your own ball tournament and if it is hot I just don't think I am ready for 3 consecutive days of golf without any help. The following week I am going up to St. Louis for a 3 day scramble tournament and I'm excited about that. One of the days we tee off at 8 am so I know the heat won't be too bad that day. I also have a friend driving me up so I won't be worn out from the drive. I'll keep you posted how I do tomorrow. Love to all KTPC

1 comment:

  1. It is difficult to let you know just how proud we are of you and how happy we are for you. You have gone through so much and are coming back so well. You are amazing.

    June and I came back to San Diego today and checked into the campsite where we will spend the next two months. It has been a long summer for us in many ways, and we are glad to be back. Our summer has been nothing as compared to yours, but we are still ready to settle down for awhile.

    Take care, don't try to do too much at once, and remember that we are praying for you.

    Love, June and Ivon

    ReplyDelete