Monday, August 10, 2009

2 lb weight on my hip

I made it through getting hooked up to chemo today. Everyday I am told something different. Do the docs not know how frustrating this is for someone who feels so out of control anyway? Today I was informed the chemo would be for 5 days not 4. We made the guy prove it by showing us the written orders by the doc because we were definitely told 4 days. So I will be disconnected on Sat morning. The plus side is supposedly this is not as strong as the first one and of course I don't have one drug at all. Which should be better. He also said that after I get through with the treatment the first week after will be a side effect week but after that I should get better quickly if I make an effort to do so. Quickly of course means several months but that is for 90% recovery. I also don't have to have the chemo bag changed every day I have enough in one pouch to last until I'm through. So that will be one less hassle also. On Saturday someone will arrive at my house at promptly 9 something to disconnect me as I was hooked up at 9 something. (9:20) 120 hours of continuous crap....
I have to admit I'm already getting a taste in my mouth. It's not bad its not good its just annoying. But that will be the guy that will cut down my appetite because I get to the point I can't taste much.
I did want to tell you I ran into a friend of mine at BPS on Friday. She is going through her 2nd cancer treatment. With the same docs that I have. It is a different type of cancer but still talking to her just made me feel so good. I didn't feel like I was so alone out there. I mean I see all the people in the docs offices getting treatment and know there are large amounts of people in similar situations but to sit down and compare notes particularly when she has had previous experience was just relief or I don't know it's hard to describe.
So, I will keep all of you posted. The second countdown will start after I sleep with my little guy (pump/chemo) tonight. KTPC this week and next week will be biggies. Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment