Friday, August 28, 2009

Went out tonight

For the first time since my last chemo I went out to eat. I didn't eat much and my stomach is rumbling but I got out. I also went to the post office this morning. Just for everyone to note while all of this has been going on I have been working on state golf tournaments, taking entries, recording them in computer, and on and on. There were days I really rather wouldn't have been doing it and a few days the work might have even set me back. but as a woman of my word I have kept my responsibility beyond my best capability.
I have been told by a friend and pharmacist the best way to get myself back is to force feed myself the ensure. The stuff gags me. So I found some ice cream and ended up trying to make a shake out of it. I may never drink milk shakes again but it make the ensure tolerable. Something has to make these taste better if anyone has any other ideas please email me or post a comment. I'm in a catch 22 in that I don't have any energy because I'm not eating enough but I can't over eat because my stomach can't take it.
I am waiting to see if I lose any more of my hair. It was about this time after the first chemo that I lost my hair so I keep expecting to lose more. And then I wonder how long it will take for it to start growing again. Anyone have any insight on this one? Again I would appreciate some input. I know I have some people reading the blog that have gone through this so your comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to close for now. KTPC and my love to all

1 comment:

  1. Rose,
    To the best of our memory, Lynn's hair started growing back about two to three months after his last chemo. The color was the same but the texture was much softer and finer. I also know that both of our oncologists were delighted that we continued to work. Anyting that pushes you and gives you some reason to move, even for a little while off the couch, is a good thing.

    Thanks for continuing to blog.
    Cindy and Lynn

    ReplyDelete