Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hairless?

I'm not growing any hair anyplace. It has been a week since I have had to shave. Ladies, don't get excited the trade off is not worth it. I am still losing bits of hair on my head. I actually have 1 bald spot. I'm waiting until I look like a little old man with fringe. I'm actually hoping it does that because with a cap it still looks like I have some hair. I'm really hoping I don't lose my eyebrows and eyelashes. I just can't imagine that.
I ended up going into the doc office yesterday (unplanned) because I was getting very nervous about the next round of chemo and the lack of info anyone was telling me. I did get someone to sit down and answer our questions. I found out that someone will come to where I have radiation and they will use one of the doc offices to "hook me up". I will get my anti nausea med first but this time I will not get the one drug that only lasts for one hour. After the anti nausea drug I will go straight to the 24 hour drip. They will put it on a portable pump in a pack with it hooked into my port and off I go. Each day when I go to radiation there will be someone there to change the bag until Friday when they unhook me. Sounds simple enough. If only it goes that easy.
I have been feeling pretty good today. I did have about a 2 hour nap this morning. But it allowed me to make a couple of phone calls and visit with Scott when he came over for awhile. And I did do about 10 minutes of house cleaning after I came home from radiation. So it wasn't a completely worthless day.
We have the weekend coming up. I hope everyone has a good one. It is supposed to be pretty warm here so I will staying inside keeping myself occupied (as usual). KTPC Love to all

3 comments:

  1. A hairless Rose, Hmmm...........A Rose by any other name would still be hairless. On a lighter note, I took my Granddaughter on her first real train ride last weekend. We rode Am-track from Everett to Seattle, WA. It took an hour, the entire trip was along the Puget Sound. Then a bus ride to the Seattle Center to do all the kids stuff, lunch, and then a monorail ride to West Lake Mall for a Smoothie. A bus ride to the train station and a train ride home. It only cost about $60.00 round trip and the bus rides in the city are free. I like this; Grandpa wore his new tee-shirt that reads: "This is what a really cool Gram pa looks like". I want to say the trip was really cool, cause Gram pa can drink and doesn't have to drive. But I won't say that because those reading this that don't know me might think Gram pa is not responsible and drinks too much, hey I didn't fall down a single time while in Seattle. Rose, I hope and pray your hair comes back prettier and healthier than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're back on the internet. Ken's post is interesting because June and I were in Seattle a week ago. We went on up to Blaine, WA and into Vancouver, BC, and now we have come back south to Sequim, WA, on the Olympic peninsula. It is a beautiful area.

    Rose, even though you are losing your hair, you have kept your spirit, and that is the really important part. You keep "keeping on" and we'll keep praying for you and Mel. Not a day goes by that you are not in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love, Ivon and June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivon & June:

    I have lived in the Puget Sound area about 25 years. There is a lot to see just on the Olympic Peninsula. Some of the oldest and biggest tree species are found on the Oly Peninsula. As a matter of fact, Rose's brother-in-law, (one of Melvin's brothers) pee-peed on the largest type of some fur tree many years ago on the Oly Peninsula when they were out visiting, I guess it lived.

    Rose, we love you and Uncle Melvin too. ken

    ReplyDelete