Monday, July 13, 2009

At home again


I was released (oh great freedom) last night at about 5:30. I was exhausted as I had fought nausea all day long even on a double dose of nausea med I was given. I hadn't had anything to eat and basically couldn't do a lot more than lift my head off the pillow. I did drag myself up long enough to throw everything I could into my duffle bag to get ready to go. So yesterday wasn't very exciting. Amazing enough after sleeping almost all day I pretty much slept all night.



Maggie was sure excited to see me though. I received a grand welcome from her and each time I left the room she would follow me and then act like I had been gone 4 days again. She has stayed pretty close to my side today. I think she was wondering when we left early this morning for radiation if I was going to be gone again. She was happy when I showed up an hour later.



This morning was the first radiation treatment. I think the process was explained to me at least 3 times. The hardest part of the radiation is staying absolutely still on a hard table for about 17 minutes. I found out that I can take a cd in to listen to or they will provide music so I think I will try that route. It will make time go faster. I also have an appt with my radiation doc (the ball of fire) tomorrow and then tomorrow afternoon I go to the general oncologist to get a shot that has to be done more than 24 hours but less than 72 hours after the chemo. It is something to do with helping regulate the blood cells.



Today I have tried to do a little to help Melvin out. I don't have a lot of energy. About 10-15 minutes of just moving around and I'm ready to sit. I haven't really slept today but I think I did enough sleeping in the last day I don't need it. My nausea has subsided and by this evening I was able to eat a small amount of beef and a couple of carrots. It was a lot of food considering what had been eaten in the last day and half. I am even considering trying to hit the ice cream this evening.



My thoughts today have been with my coworkers and friends at the MO Womens State Amateur Golf Tournament where I am supposed to be. I am lucky enough to have good friends to cover my volunteer job for me while I am going through all of this. I appreciate it folks. Hope the tournament runs smooth for you. My love to all of you

No comments:

Post a Comment