Thursday, July 23, 2009

I was feeling well enough today I took a trip to the video store. Normally after I go to radiation and eat I am tired enough to take a nap which I had done. Mel dropped me off at the front of the store and I walked most of the way back looking at movies and then back up. After the video store he took me for a 10 minute ride around the neighborhood. That 25 minute excursion tired me that I slept close to 2 hours in the afternoon. As short of a time that it has been it seems like a long time since my life has been normal.
I have resorted to the thing I had said I wouldn't do and that is drinking Ensure for nutrition. But since my sport drinks weren't doing well with my system and I just can't get enough other foods in me for one reason or another I thought I would bite the bullet. I really want to try to get my body built back up before the next chemo round Aug 5. This seems to be the only way.
I am missing the member guest at Millwood this weekend. It kills me almost as much as all the physical problems to not be out there. But you gotta do what you gotta do and I guess this is it for me right now.
The gals who do the radiation are getting pretty curious about me. I take in CD's to listen to and so far they have seen Kenny Chesney, Sheryl Crow, and Natalie Cole. I think they are wondering what will come next. I tease them and tell them how much I am jamming to the music (of course I have to be absolutely still). What they don't know is I have one finger doing a mean drum beat with the music (and it's under a blanket so they can't see it). So I have one more day and I will have 2 weeks done of radiation (out of 5). I don't quite feel like I can see the light at the end yet. But I will before too much longer. Hope everyone has a good evening. KTPC Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment