Sunday, July 5, 2009




Ihope everyone had a great 4th. I have been trying to relax and get a few things done. I promised pictures so here they are. It is hard to smile when you are trying to take a pic. You should have seen some of the others. I had a Jack Nicholson evil look with eyebrows up in one. Another looked like the crazy Bill Cosby look. Oh, well you get the idea. The hair may not look that much shorter but the longest it is anyplace on my head is one inch.
So here's a thought that my lady friends over 50 will understand. So I'm thinking about my possible hair loss and I thought if I lose my hair I should at least lose the chin whiskers that I'm constantly fighting. Wouldn't it be a bummer if I lose my head hair, eyebrows and eyelashes and still have to fight the chin whiskers? How cruel would that be?
Time is counting away. I have started making a list of things to take to the hospital. I am going to wait on my computer until I know whether I have a private room or not. If I don't I may have Melvin bring it to me each day Thursday- Saturday to add to the blog. I have to admit I'm getting nervous, scared and many other emotions thrown in. I'm sure my temperament is varying a lot with whatever thought processes I have going at the time. Mel is trying to take it all in stride. He's going to have a lot to take in stride over the next 8 weeks.
One last thought. A positive about chemo. I can't do anything with the cat litter. Wait, that may NOT be a good thing....Will keep you posted on that thought. Anyway KTPC. If you are reading this for the first time it's my way of saying "Keep the Prayers Coming" Love you all

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Rose. My name is Terri Evans. You don't know me, but we have a mutual friend in Shirley Huffman, and I am married to Jim Evans, a retired math teacher that your husband will probably remember. I've been reading your blog for a few days but not commenting, and I finally decided that I should let you know I'm following your blog.

    First of all - I love the comment about the chin whiskers! You hit the nail on the head about that - and it's only fair.

    Second, you are very brave. Chemotheraphy sounds so daunting, and of course, several of my friends have undergone various kinds, so I'm not unfamiliar with the various side effects that different people have. I hope yours are minimal and bearable, as well as effective.

    My husband has prostate cancer and was treated with 39 doses radiation this past winter/ spring. After the radiation he has to wait 100 days for a test to see how effective it was, and that will be late in July, so we're still in limbo but trying not to worry about it. Prostate cancer in general is slow-growing, but radiation can bring other complications, some of which won't show up for a year or more, so we are just waiting to see what happens. Jim fared much better during the treatments than some of the other men he met, so we believe that's a good sign.

    I'll be reading your blog now & then, commenting once in awhile, and always wishing you the best possible outcome in your battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you look fantastic! I had forgotten how blue your eyes are. Haircut is not too drastic and it suits you....no muss no fuss. As always you are in my prayers...and Melvin too.

    PS...I am trying to get used to mono vision contacts...as it is less expensive than bifocals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally got the Internet back, so I got the chance to read all of the blogs I hadn't read. Sounds like you are still taking everything in stride. It's a shame about the golf, but as Tiger proved this weekend, you "putt for dough", so working on your short game may prove beneficial.

    June and I are in Moab, Utah, and will be until the 10th, when we leave for Salt Lake City. We are glad that we got the internet back before you actually went into the hospital. We will be following very closely over the next few days and will be praying for you constantly.

    Love, Ivon and June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ms. Rose the haircut looks great. We are going to miss you at the AM, but I am sure that you won't miss all the "bitchin, moanin and complaining. You hang in there and I will tell all the gals you say hey. I have a very extensive DVD collection that includes the Godfather series, Sopranos seasons 1-6, and just about any movie old and new you could think of. If you want any just let me know. Always in my prayers.

    xoxo
    Stephany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose,
    Your hair will grow back and who knows, it could come in a differt shade or texture! Lynn said the hardest thing about losing his hair was how cold he got at night - might be good thing if we continue with the 90+ temps or if you are like me and still having hot flashes in the middle of the night!

    We are thinking of you and Mel. Hang tough, this too shall pass.
    Cindy H.

    ReplyDelete