Saturday, July 11, 2009

Countdown 1 more to go

Hey everyone, Everything is going pretty well here. I hope I had my bad day yesterday due to very little sleep, very minor side effect of med, and a new treatment I have to do. The long lasting chemo (4 day) is one that is a killer on the mouth tissue. So I now have to brush my teeth and use a wash of baking soda and salt 4 times a day. There is just enough lingering in the mouth that it makes you taste nothing. Nor want anything to taste. But if it keeps me from having loads of sores in the mouth I can do it. Besides I can stand to lose a few extra pounds (but I also found where they stash their ice cream here). Why is it nothing will taste good that is good for you but ice cream does? I still say I may be the only person who goes thru chemo and radiation that gains 20 lbs rather than loses. Well, I can deal with that too I guess.
So the doc and I are still having a discussion of Sunday night release. I REALLY want to be in my own bed. I won't finish my chemo until 6pm but since we only live 10 minutes from the hospital it won't be that big of deal. The really good news is that the doc said I have done so well on this round that it is a VERY Good possibility I will do the second round in early Aug as outpatient. What that means is I will need to check into the office once a day for a new bag and maybe stay long enough for them to shoot me the anti nausea drug. But again being in my own bed will be worth it.
I'm looking forward to being able to get out into some fresh air. Just sitting on the back porch right now is looking mighty awesome. I might even take up a friend of mine who just got a really really sharp looking little convertible and get her to take me out for a ride and an ice cream (what else)! Hope you all are having a great weekend. KTPC My love

No comments:

Post a Comment