Saturday, July 25, 2009

Last night I paid for overeating. I was up almost every hour but it still was worth it. I took it easier with the food today and I ate soup for dinner.
After showering this morning and washing my hair I looked at the drain and I had about a cup of hair on the drain. So I made a call to my beautician and ran down and got the hair really cut down. It's 1/2 inch long which is not much hair. But that way I will have less to clean out of the drain. What was amazing the hair was dark almost black. Those of you who know me know my hair is gray. If you lose hair you don't lose the gray? Is that justice?
Another question, What happens to mosquitoes when they bite you and you have all this stuff in your blood? Melvin was saying he was getting bit tonight as we were sitting outside, but nothing was biting me. Maybe they know my blood is a death sentence.
We had a rainy day today but the sun finally came out late this afternoon. I have to admit the rain doesn't help my disposition a lot. So I am very happy to see the sun.
I hope you are having a good weekend. I'm hoping for a sunny day tomorrow. God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for not writing for awhile, but we’ve been away from our motorhome a lot and our internet access has been spotty at best. While we were in Wallowa, OR, we saw Hell’s Canyon, Grande Ronde Canyon, went to an Indian Pow-wow and saw the Indian’s compete in both dancing and costumes. The dancing seemed kind of repetitious, but the costumes were beautiful.

    Then we spent an afternoon visiting friends in Kennewick, WA and drove on to Cheney, WA, which is just outside Spokane. We met some other friends in Spokane, and they gave us dinner the first night and then took us over to Coeur D’Alene, ID, for the day. There is some beautiful scenery in the Oregon, Washington, Idaho part of the country. We shopped and toured Spokane for the next couple of days, and now we are in Moses Lake, WA. We will be here for the next couple of days, and then it is on to Seattle.

    We cannot tell you how much we enjoy reading your blogs, but how horrible we feel about the things you are enduring. Your blog has given us a much greater appreciation for the courage and strength it takes to fight cancer.

    Even though we don’t write all that frequently, we pray for you constantly. We wish that we could make it easier for you, but all we can do is pray that you will beat this thing, that your health (and hair) will return, and that your golf game will be better than ever. We also pray that Mel will stay well and will continue to give you the strength and courage you need. Give him our love.

    Love, Ivon and June

    ReplyDelete