Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Countdown has started!!! I figure once you make it through the first night you need to start the countdown... My first night was a little sleepless but no side effects. I was worried enough that I asked my chemo doc this morn about it and she said they mega dosed me with anti nausea drugs so she expected those to hold for a while. I also have a prescription to start when I get home. She said fatigue and more fatigue would start in about 14 days. Possibly along with the hair loss. She said effects from radiation would start about 4 weeks into radiation (I have 26 radiation treatments). I would have pain from the radiation in the pelvic and rectal area and possibly diarrhea. Already set for both of those.
Good news or bad news. Since I live close and I'm not on Medicare I get to have my radiation treatments at 7 am. Actually, I am not a late sleeper and that means even when Mel has to drive me to radiation unless I am really down and out he will be able to make his golf. So for all his golf buddies out there...sorry he will be out there with you more often than we thought.
So where or when else can you have ice cream or popsicles at 9 10 11 12 at night in bed and not feel guilty? Answer: In the cancer ward at St. Johns. For all you ladies out there with hot flashes/night sweats, popsicles really work well.
So I have to admit I feel guilty. One my blood suger was very slightly elevated. Well heck they've been feeding me bread pudding, pound cake, macaroon cookies (home made) cheesecake (home made) and of course what have I been doing? Laying in bed maybe making it to the chair...So I walked for about 15 minutes today. You have to realize I am dragging this monster of a pole with 2 big bags on it so it is not a power walk to be sure. But I did get some exercise and it should help. I have also vowed to cut back on the sweets. As a matter of fact I told the nurse give me one day I'll have the blood sugar down. The other guilt thing is I have people all around me getting sick and I'm not getting sick. My heart breaks for them. I figure I will get there but it's just so sad.
Well I am going to show Mel the baby video. If you haven't seen it go to you tube and see babies on roller skates or the evian commercial Have fun!! God Bless love you all

1 comment:

  1. Rose,
    We were all thinking about you today at Millwood! Many of the ladies asked to send their best to you. I tried to take good care of your Millwood guest partner, we came in second one stroke behind the leaders at one over par.
    Lynn and I are both early morning people, so if Mel needs to sleep in be sure to call us as transporters!
    Hang in there
    Cindy H.

    ReplyDelete