Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wizard of Oz

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto. This is the best way to describe everything that is going on. I have landed in another land. A land of good witches, bad witches, flying monkeys, and of course scarecrow, cowardly lion, and tin man . I am actually playing 4 parts. Dorothy, and tin man, lion, and scarecrow. I have taken on all these rolls already fluctuating between them like a person with multiple personality disorder. Yet I continue walking this journey trying to make it to the wise man of Oz to find my way home. My way home is normalcy.
Yesterday I discovered hot water and I don't get along. I was trying to shower and noticed I started feeling weak and then I was down in the shower. I won't say pass out as I'm not sure I did. But I did go down. My head was spinning enough I couldn't get up right away. Scared Mel. Scared me.
This morning I moved slower and took a cool shower. It seemed to help. I awakened with the wonderful surprise of a sore throat and fever blister. Typical chemo reaction. So sucking on ice chips and popsicles. I am starting to eat a little more. Hysterically, I am not down to my "ideal weight" yet as defined by weight watchers. I am still about 2 lbs. over my ideal weight. And since it spans 11 lbs. my thought is if I try hard I will stay within that range. Once again for the women, you lose weight but why is it not where you want to lose it? I know exercise would help but that will have to come later when I start regaining my strength back. Now is not the time.
I kicked Mel out this morning to play golf with the promise if anything started going on I would call him. And I will. He is at our close course which is only about 10 min away from the house and I have a great neighbor who I can call on if I need anything. I envy him more than anything. I'm just hoping one of these evenings to have the strength to want to go out and practice putt.
My plans for today are to do about the same. Computer, read, puzzles. Clean and refuel the hummingbird feeders. Not a lot of excitement I know. But hey, right now if I get thru the day feeling almost decent I'm not too terribly disappointed. Have a good hump day. KTPC Love to all

1 comment:

  1. Back on the Internet again, so will post another comment. Glad to hear that you are doing as well as you are. Wish it could be easier for you, but this type of thing is never easy.

    June and I are in Wallowa, OR at Hell's Canyon National Recreation Area. If you read "The Shack", we are about 22 miles north of the state park the author talks about.

    We had a blowout on the way to Glenwood Springs, CO and it ripped out a bunch of the 12V wiring in the motorhome, so we have to be plugged in to 110V electricity or we don't have lights, refrigerator, etc. However, the tire was under warranty and we have filed a claim, so wish us luck. The first estimate of the damage was for $3,000.

    Hope that Mel is less stressed now that you are home and that you have seen the last of the seizures for awhile.

    We are continuing to pray for you and we think about you often. Please keep in touch.

    Love, June and Ivon

    ReplyDelete